By J. Timothy Bricker
Read or Download Adults with Childhood Illnesses: Considerations for Practice (Health, Medicine and Human Development) PDF
Best developmental psychology books
CliffsQuickReview path publications conceal the necessities of your hardest topics. Get a company grip on middle innovations and key fabric, and try out your newfound wisdom with assessment questions. even if you would like a path complement, aid getting ready for an examination, or a concise reference for the topic, CliffsQuickReview Developmental Psychology may also help.
Jean Piaget (1896–1980) used to be indexed one of the a hundred most crucial individuals within the 20th century through Time journal, and his paintings - with its specified account of human improvement - has had a huge impact on quite a number disciplines from philosophy to schooling, and significantly in developmental psychology.
While developmental psychologists set forth the speculation that the roots of grownup psychopathology can be traced to adolescence event and behaviour, the belief fast took carry. consequently, as major study during this sector complicated in past times decade, extra refined concept, extra exact learn methodologies, and more desirable replication of empirical findings were the end result.
Developmental theorists have lengthy speculated that emotion and cognition are inseparable elements of the developmental strategy. a few even recommend that the 2 elements are totally built-in through college age. but, regardless of enormous theoretical paintings describing this interplay, really little empirical paintings has been carried out at the topic.
- Problems of the Psychology of Memory
- Cultural psychology: a once and future discipline
- Straight Talk about Psychological Testing for Kids
- Culture and children's intelligence : cross-cultural analysis of the WISC-III
Additional resources for Adults with Childhood Illnesses: Considerations for Practice (Health, Medicine and Human Development)
1998) Assessment of adults with ADHD. In: Barkley, R. A. Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder: a handbook for diagnosis and treatment. New York, USA: Guilford, pp. 345–369. References 21 48. Searight, H. , Burke, J. , Rottnek, F. (2000) Adult ADHD: evaluation and treatment in family medicine. Am. Fam. Physician 62:2077–86, 2091–2092. 49. Wender, P. , Wolf, L. , Wasserstein, J. (2001) Adults with ADHD. An overview. Ann. NY Acad. Sci. 931:1–16. 50. Brown, T. E. (1996) Brown attention-deficit disorder scales for adolescents and adults.
Burlington, USA: University Vermont Department Psychiatry. 25. , Barkley, R. A. (1998) Tests and observational measures. In: Barkley, R. A. Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder: a handbook for diagnosis and treatment, 2nd ed. New York, USA: Guilford, pp. 294–311. 26. Corkum, P. , Siegel, L. S. (1993) Is the continuous performance task a valuable research tool for use with children with attention-deficit-hyperactivity disorder? J. Child Psychol. Psychiatry 34:1217–1239. 27. , Arnsten, A. , Faraone, S.
21. American Academy of Pediatrics. (2000) Clinical practice guideline: diagnosis and evaluation of the child with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder. Pediatrics 105:1158–1170. 22. Barkley, R. , Edwards, G. (1998) Diagnostic interview, behavioral ratings scales, and the medical examination. In: Barkley, R. A. Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder: a handbook for diagnosis and treatment, 2nd ed. New York, USA: Guilford Press, pp. 263–293. 23. Conners, C. K. (1997) Conners’ rating scales – revised: instruments for use with children and adolescents.